Cartier Love Bracelets are among the most coveted pieces of jewelry in the world. With their iconic screw motifs and sleek, minimalist design, these bracelets are the epitome of understated elegance. Unfortunately, their popularity has made them a target for counterfeiters looking to take advantage of unsuspecting buyers. Almost 50% of the Love bracelets from the 70’s are fakes! Whether you’re an avid collector, a dedicated fan of Cartier jewelry or want to buy bracelet for gift, it’s crucial that you know how to identify a fake Cartier Love Bracelet. With so many fakes flooding the market, being able to spot the real deal can save you from wasting your money on an inferior product.
This guide will take you through everything you need to know about Cartier Love Bracelets and how to distinguish between genuine and fake versions. From the materials used to the fine details of the bracelet, we’ll cover all the key features you need to look out for to ensure you’re buying a genuine Cartier Love Bracelet.
Signs of a Fake Cartier Love Bracelet
Here are some signs to look out for when distinguishing a fake from an authentic Cartier Love bracelet:
- Inaccurate engravings. One of the most obvious signs of a fake Cartier Love bracelet is inaccurate engravings. Check the engraving font, spacing, and depth, as well as any spelling errors. On first image in this article you can see fake Cartier bracelet on left and authentic bracelet on right. Also on original bracelets, the Cartier logo is on one side only.
- Weight and feel. An authentic Cartier Love bracelet should feel substantial and heavy in your hand. If it feels lightweight or cheap, it’s likely a fake.
- Material quality. Cartier Love bracelets are made with high-quality materials, such as solid gold or platinum. Check for any discoloration, chipping, or tarnishing, which are signs of a fake.
- Hallmarks. All authentic Cartier Love bracelets have a hallmark that certifies its authenticity. Love Bracelets made out of 18K gold are stamped with 18K, 750 or sometimes both numbers. Platinum Love Bracelets, meanwhile, are marked with the numerals 950.
- Serial number. From 1974 onwards, the bracelets are stamped with a unique serial number, which may have five digits and 1 letter (for example 12345 A); two letters and four digits (for example AB 1234); three letters and three digits (for example ABC 123)
- Price. If the price seems too good to be true, it probably is. Cartier Love bracelets are expensive, and any drastically lower price is a red flag for a fake product.
Tips to Avoid Fake Cartier Love Bracelets
Before purchasing a Cartier Love bracelet, do your research on the seller. Make sure they are a reputable dealer and offer authentic Cartier products. Check customer reviews and feedback to ensure the seller has a good reputation.
To ensure you are purchasing an authentic Cartier Love bracelet, it’s best to buy from an authorized retailer. This guarantees that the bracelet is genuine and comes with a warranty. Be wary of purchasing from independent sellers or online auction sites.
If the price of the Cartier Love bracelet seems too good to be true, it probably is. Authentic Cartier Love bracelets are expensive, and if a seller is offering them at a significantly lower price, it’s likely a fake.
FAQ about Discover the telltale signs of a counterfeit Cartier Love Bracelet:
Ciao! I am Salvatore, a master jeweler from the mesmerizing island of Sicily. With a wealth of experience spanning over ten years, I take great pride in my exceptional craftsmanship and meticulous attention to detail. My expertise lies in both traditional and contemporary jewelry designs, where I seamlessly blend the rich history and culture of my beloved Sicily into each distinctive piece.